The Fibrex® Catheter Patency Device is a revolutionary development in re-establishing patency of non-functioning central venous catheters. Fibrex® offers an efficient, minimally invasive method of mechanically disrupting fibrin formation from the interior and exterior of indwelling catheters, without the risks associated with femoral punctures, or sepsis related to catheter exchange.
This State-of-the-Art device utilizes a tri-axial delivery system consisting of a delivery catheter, an inner guide structure, and a shaped memory, helical-formed, nitinol stripping coil actuated by an ergonomic deployment control handle.
The Fibrex® Catheter Patency Device is manually inserted through the luer connector of a vascular access catheter, exiting via the distal lumen end-hole. The nitinol stripping coil deploys around the distal exterior of the central venous line. The coil is manually actuated to achieve a “corkscrew effect” thereby mechanically stripping the catheter of fibrinous film.
The Fibrex Catheter Patency Device utilizes a shaped memory, helical-formed nitinol stripping coil to remove fibrin formation
Fibrex® Features and Benefits:
Fast and Effective
Fibrex® safely restores and maintains dialysis catheter patency by removing fibrin from the interior and exterior of indwelling dialysis catheters:
- Results are immediate and conclusive, unlike thrombolytic therapy options
- Procedure time is reduced when compared with more time intensive and invasive options such as Catheter Exchange and Percutaneous Fibrin Sheath Stripping (PFSS)
- Fibrex® is inserted through the dialysis catheter connector hub, eliminating the need for femoral punctures and avoiding the associated complications consistent with traditional fibrin sheath stripping.
- Fibrex® obviates the need for Catheter Exchange and eliminates associated patient trauma and potential complications related to sepsis.
Fibrex® restores and maintains dialysis catheter patency – this results in savings by eliminating the costs associated with Catheter Exchange:
- Cost of new dialysis catheter
- Cost to disrupt existing fibrin sheath
- Cost of additional procedure time and fluoroscopy
Ease of Use
Fibrex® is a safe, quick and simple means of effectively disrupting fibrin formation from dialysis catheters:
- Hydrophilic-coated catheter tracks easily through dialysis catheter lumen
- Radiopaque markers enhance fluoroscopic visualization and allow precise catheter placement
- Ergonomic hand-piece facilitates stripping coil actuation
Radiographic imagery shows before, during and after deployment of the Fibrex® Catheter Patency Device